Monday, November 2, 2009

The First Post: An introduction

Hello my name is Tim and welcome to my blog, The Empty Refrigerator. First a little about myself. I am a 20 year old Mechanical Engineering Junior at the University of Pennsylvania which is in Philadelphia. I am originally from a suburb of Detroit MI which is where my sports loyalties lie. I am single (unfortunately), a member of a fraternity and a member of my school's Formula SAE race car team.

This blog will mainly focus on anime, manga and my opinions about them. I would very much like to emulate Theowne's blog omohide.com which I very much enjoy reading. However unlike Theowne's blog I don't think I will be as fair and level headed, I am prone to rants and strong opinions so please bear with me. I also will likely travel outside the realm of anime every now and then, probably into my own life when I feel confused/emo, so once again please bear with me.

The title of my blog is a reference to my favorite anime Honey & Clover and my favorite character Takemoto-kun. There has been no anime/manga/book/movie etc that has resonated with me more strongly, and I very much associated with Takemoto. I find myself often battling the sound of emptiness like Takemoto did and I hope this blog will be another tool I can use to avoid hearing that sound.

So enjoy and please comment, I love reading and responding to comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment